The Canon EOS Rebel T5, also known as the EOS 1200D, is an 18MP DSLR camera released in February 2014.

Canon EOS Rebel T5 - External flash not recognized

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T5, and when I connect a generic (compatible) external flash, it trigger itself continuosly and in the menu it shows Accessory not recognized.

P.S.: It worked fine for some time, but one day it started doing this. The flash came within the bundle.

Flash is probably not compatible with your camera, I guess. That's why serious flash guns have usb ports so you can update the firmware of the device. If your flash has usb then try to update it. Else, try manual settings. It should at least fire.

Please, read the question, i know there are some incompatible flashes, but i've had used that same flash for about 6 months, and then, suddenly it started to self-trigger the moment I connect it.

Jesus Lau will be eternally grateful.