Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Hisense tv picture went black but still has sound

Tv went completely black. No visible background picture. I can still hear what's playing, even when changing channels… what is out? What went wrong?

Hi i have hisense 40inch LED is not showing picture but the backlight led in on

Pls someone can help me

Did you ever figure this out? Mine does the same thing it’s so annoying. The only way to fix for me is to change the input then change it back. It happens constantly on other devices hooked up to the tv but of course the apps on the tv itself are fine.

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

@jhammer358

you need to check your main board and your power board. First make sure that the power board supplies proper voltages to the main board. Then check the LED connector and see what the voltages are on it. If you have no power to the LED connectors it is your main board not enabling the backlight. If you have power to the LED connector but no backlight, it’s your Backlight LED arrays. Post some images of all of your your boards so we can see what you see

Adding images to an existing question

Take a flashlight and shine it on the screen. If you can still see the picture, your backlights are not coming on. This could be a bad board but is more likely just a few bad LEDs. Here’s a video of the replacement process. Hope this helped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwAnYR08...

There is no picture AT ALL.

@jhammer358 What is the model number of your TV?

@jhammer358 I'm having the same problem with my hisense 50" , wish I would have seen your post before about checking power to main board as I've replaced the led array but the black screen with volume remains. Do you know what the voltage should be to the main board and to the led connector. Thanks. Eddie

@jhammer358 @oaktreddie i having problem same like you.. finally i reallize it is because the cable to led strip is loose or not connected(seem like connected but its not) you need to use tester to verify this.… its is series circuit 1 fail will disable all… https://slideplayer.com/slide/7391184/24...

J.Hammer will be eternally grateful.