The Xiaomi Air 12, released August 2016, comes in both silver and gold colors and is identified by model number 161201.

Replacing the LCD screen or cable

Any chance you could go further and explain how someone would change the LCD cable. Mine appears to be broken as the screen won't light up at all but computer can still output to HDMI.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

I replaced the screen of my Xiaomi air 12. You have to disconnect the power cable, and 3 connector coming from the screen (camera, antenna (gray and black), and monitor cable ) . Unfortunately the screen is glued to the lid, so you have to heat up the glue first and then gently lift it with a suction cup. The new screen has to be glued again on the lid. On the bottom part of the monitor there is also a plastic strip that has to be glued on the monitor before you connect the cables and glue the monitor on the lid. I hope it helps.

This is the answer I wanted a month ago. Did the exact thing you did but didn't warn the screen up enough and it chipped in the corner.

You can replace the cable with this one from AliExpress. Unfortunately there isn’t currently a guide that shows how to replace this, so you are kind-of on your own.

Hello, my left hinge is broken. Do you know how to fix this and where to buy it?

Greetings from Germany

actually you don’t need to heat up the screen to remove it, it’s a slider snapfit, you need to remove the hinge cover and then remove 2 little screws and then slide the screen downwards

Richard Leckie will be eternally grateful.