Released September 25, 2015. Model A1688/A1633. Repair of this device is similar to previous generations, requiring screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 16, 32, 64, or 128 GB / Silver, Gold, Space Gray, or Rose Gold options.

Phone screen not working

The screen is black but is still lit up when I press any button, I can still press things and I hear it responding like when I touch it to put the passcode. It makes the key noises. But the screen won’t display anything. How can I fix it at home

You tried Resetting the device obviously i assume.

Was it dropped? Did it go into water? Was it bent?

Sounds like a bad screen, There should be guides, and i believe the tools you would need to replace the screen on this site here.

can you tell us what you were doing prior to the black screen? Is the phone hot? is your phone damaged in anyway (software - memory at full capacity, outdated firmware, hardware - dropped it, used a really really off brand charger that messed up the motherboard)

If you want to fix it at home, I would first plug it in your computer and check on itunes to see if your computer recognizes your device. If so, back it up and do a factory reset or restore it to a previous time when your phone was working.

if neither of these work, open up your phone and check the screen digitizer circuits and your battery. what do i mean by battery? you could have a faulty battery (therefore it’s swollen and beginning to press up against the motherboard, causing issues)

daphne morffi will be eternally grateful.