Released September 22, 2017. Model A1863, A1905. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Removing black IC adhesive from logic board chip

So I’m wondering if there is an easier way to remove the black adhesive glueing down some components on all iPhones, IPads, etc. that doesn’t involve scraping and possible damage to other components or solder pads. I’m not expecting miracles, but is there possibly a solvent or process that would be a safer, faster or easier choice?

just seen this stuff but iv never tried it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAXUN-535-20M...

Great thanks!! I will order some, give it a try and let you know. I think your right and the only real option is to just carefully scrape. That’s the first I have heard of IC remover liquid. I’ll see how it works on a dead board and post the results.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

i dont think there is any solvent remover for underfill yet. it just looks like scraping is the only option atm

Blaked89 will be eternally grateful.