What is the clicking noise by front wheels?
How do i repair c.v. axle.
Is this a good question?
The Jeep Grand Cherokee was redesigned for the 1999 model year; the 2000 models have minimal changes. This model is also known as Jeep WJ.
AXLE - C/V JOINT REMOVAL
The only service procedure to be performed on the axle C/V joint, is the replacement of the joint seal boot. If any failure of internal axle shaft components is diagnosed during a vehicle road test, the axle shaft must be replaced as an assembly.
(1) Remove axle shaft.
(2) Remove large boot clamp retaining C/V joint sealing boot, to C/V joint housing and discard.
(3) Remove small clamp that retains outer C/V joint sealing boot to axle shaft and discard (Fig. 25).
(4) Remove sealing boot from outer C/V joint housing and slide it down and off the axle shaft.
(5) Thoroughly clean and inspect axle C/V joint assembly and axle shaft for any signs of excessive wear. If any parts show signs of excessive wear, the axle shaft assembly will require replacement. Component parts of these axle shaft assemblies are not serviceable.
AXLE SHAFTS REMOVAL
If the axle shaft and hub bearing are being removed in order to service another component, the axle shaft and hub bearing can be removed as an assembly.
(1) Raise and support the vehicle.
(2) Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
(3) Remove brake caliper and ABS wheel speed sensor.
(4) Remove the cotter pin, nut retainer and axle hub nut.
(5) Remove the hub bearing bolts (Fig. 22).
(6) Remove hub bearing and axle shaft assembly (Fig. 23). Avoid damaging the axle shaft oil seals in the axle housing.
(7) Remove the brake rotor shield from the hub bearing or knuckle.
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 1
Past 30 Days: 8
All Time: 92