The Playstation is Sony's first mass-market game console.

What is the parallel I/O port used for?

I found a parallel I/O port at the rear of the PSone. What is it used for?

Most Helpful Answer

"The removal of the parallel port was probably partly because no official add-on had ever been released for it, and partly because it was being used to connect cheat cartridges that could be used to defeat the regional lockouts and copy protection." from here I guess at the time Sony had some ides of using it for expansion and different controllers but later abandoned the plan. Hope this helps...

it can be used for a super gameboy booster which will let you play first generation gameboy games on playstation (NO SOUND TO IT) but you can litten to music cds while you play

It was also used for an add-on that allows the PS1 to play movies

This port is used for connecting 2 playstations together. Used for playing games with other people using 2 tvs

I like jetmoto.

No, that's the Serial Port you're talking about. Serial Port was available on every PS1-model, but Paraller Port (the big one) was removed from SCPH-9xxx series onwards.

Honam1021 will be eternally grateful.