Try to fix a coffee spilled MBP, or buy a new one?
Wife spilled coffee /w sugar on 3 week old MPB 13". She did not pull power or shut down ASAP, but tried to do a basic wipe down and flipped it upside down to drain. Power was pulled and MBP turned off an 1hr after the spill
Long story short, it sat that way for 6hr until I got home. I pulled the battery, hard drive, optical drive, fan, MB out and cleaned and dried it out as much as I could. I let it sit about 3 days in a nice dry room and when all components were dry, I put it back together. Turned it on with only battery power first, and it flickered for a sec then died, and would not come back. It will also not take a charge.
Do I continue trying to fix this 3 week old MBP by buying and swapping in new parts (MB, DC-IN, battery..etc), or cut my losses, and just go buy a new one?
Is this a good question?