Released in 2005 and better known as the VGN-FS645P.

My laptop wont pick up internet

evrytime i turn my laptop on it wont pick up internet with wire or wireless what is the problem

Please tell us more like your operating system and what you have tried to do to get on the internet already.

It would be easier to help you with this problem if you had more description, but you want to start at the top and work your way down. First, do any other computers in your house have internet. If they do then the problem is the computer and if they do not then the problem is the router or modem, or possibly your service provider and to solve this try unplugging the modem/router for ~10-20 seconds to power cycle the devices.

If the problem is the computer then make sure you can get an IP address. Click the start button and select Run. In the run box type cmd. When the command prompt comes up type ipconfig and hit the enter key. If you come up with an ip address that starts with 169 or 0 then you do not have a connection to the router. If you have an address then you should just have to reset your winsock catalog. To do this just type in the command prompt netsh winsock reset. If this still does not work then download this program.

Finally if all else fails, try reseting Internet Explorer. If this still does not fix it they you may have a virus blocking your ability to use the internet or your antivirus might be in blocking the connection. I know that there are a plethora of things to try, so if you can update me on what you tried and what you see I can narrow it down to something much more conclusive.

alonzo will be eternally grateful.