Scientific calculator by Casio. Widely used by students world-wide due to its great quality for the low price.

How to repair the display

How to repair the display of a Casio FX-991ES Plus Calculator

itIf it’s just that a line may be missing in the display or certain sections of the display is not working,

I just sent the CLASSPAD to the main CASIO repair facility, they quoted me all 3 main parts and wanted to charge me replacement cost to put the 3 parts together, I was expecting a software issue or an actual fix, I told them to send it back unrepaired and I will buy the big T.I. Your calculator is less than $30 where I live at the Mall, its popular here for students who have extra money to get this model, its the biggest offered here locally, if you cant find a used unit or the other model the other person suggested then just replace it. I doubt CASIO will send you the screen alone???

top line is missed in the display. is it software or hardware?

Hi @angeltwayana ,

What is the problem with the display?

If it needs replacing unfortunately, I’ve been unable to find a replacement LCD screen. You may have better luck.

Given the cost of a new calculator it may be uneconomically viable to replace the screen even if you could find a replacement part.

If it’s just that a line may be missing in the display or certain sections of the display is not working, you could always try dis-assembling the calculator and inspect the display module connections to the systemboard in case it is a faulty connection that is causing the problem.

Always remove the power source or battery from electronic equipment before starting any repairs etc.

I would recommend buying an fx-82es and swapping screens, as they are the exact same screen.

When I press equal sign then it is showing X10 in screen instead of calculating answer

Angel Twayana will be eternally grateful.