DSi

The Nintendo DSi is the third iteration in the Nintendo DS line, and made its debut in Japan in late 2008.

dsi flashs on and then turns off

i got a dsi that will turn on and then it turns off immediately after i hit the power button. i think it may have a fuse that may be bad im not sure but i wanted to check on here before i took action on trying to fix it

I dropped my ds in the toilet and it does the same exact thing.

by ZhyKareisa Felix

Ya know that if you drop it in water it will not work right because of a short!

by weber

Your problem is not fuse related. 1 of the fuses is for the charging circuit if it is bad the unit will turn on fine with a properly charged battery. The other fuse is to the power circuit if it is bad no lights will light and you can't charge the battery. Your DSI is flashing on and off because something is shorting. If only 1 screen is flashing the problem is more than likely with the other screen. If both screens are flashing then it could be because of water damage, improperly seated cables - more than likely 1 of the ribbon cable to the screens or a bad upper screen ribbon cable that goes through the hinge. This guide here will help you tear it down to inspect for water damage and how to get to the cables. If you find residue or other signs of liquid damage please see the water damage tag for solutions to that. Your ribbon cables need to be sitting square and true to the socket they go in. Please be sure the flap that holds the ribbon cable in is flat and even, sometimes they like to bow up or out in the center. If you are certain there is no water damage and that all the cables are seated properly more than likely the upper LCD will need replaced because there is damage to the attached ribbon cable - even if signs of damage aren't visible. That part is available here. The same guide will apply.

Mentioned Items

My Dsi unit was doing the same thing until I replaced the power board, and made sure all the video cables were firmly seated. Not sure what the problem was.. but that fixed it!

check your screes if they flash and goes off the problem is your top screen

i can help two wires at the bottom right on the board of your dsi has gone bad here is a pic of them

u need a new battery

I think there's a pill battery in side of the ds if there is try replacein it. My mom has that problem with her computer so when we took it a part I tested in one of my toys and it did not work.Hope this works for ya if it doesn't work then replace the battery.

ben will be eternally grateful.