Model A1286. Released February 2011 / 2.0, 2.2, or 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

Computer will not stay powered up

I have replace the battery, and the computer will not stay powered unless power adapter is plugged in. The battery shows charging 0%. Coconut battery app shows current charge 0 mAh. Battery failure yes, macOS battery status good. I need help figuring out what the problem may be. The replacement battery was purchased from ifixit, and was returned to ifixit for another replacement. I am still having the same problem.

Most Helpful Answer

If that's the second battery you're are trying it surely means ifixit has in place an excellent replacement program without many questions asked and you probably have a faulty logic board with a malfunctioning charging circuit. Unless you have the tools and good will for in depth troubleshooting you need to find a reputable lab specialized in board level repairs.

Joseph Granger will be eternally grateful.