Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Purple spots on samsung led 48

Hello mates. Few days before my led tv starts to show some purple spots. 1 at right bottom corner thats the most noticeable 2 on middle of the screen smaller ones and 1 left bottom.the are like a small tints. The problem persist in all modes hdmi,cable,etc and in menus. If anyone knows i will be glad to advice me. Tv is almost 3 years old out of warranty.

https://ibb.co/ggG0jy

I too have a Samsung with this problem, my tv is the 55" curved screen Samsung that developed a purple patch. The tv is 2 years old. Yesterday 8th Jan 2019 an engineer came to my home and told me, the problem could not be fixed, I needed a new screen BUT they no longer make the screens. If they did a new screen would cost 60% of the price of a new tv. I won't be buying Samsung again

This is a MAJOR problem worldwide and Samsung is doing nothing about it. Your only hope is if you have a warranty and they will swap the TV. Just google around, you’ll read about the nightmare.

I’ m done with Samsung. They look so good when they’re new, but that doesn’t last. In addition to blue spots, I had problems hooking up external speakers. I’m going to buy a new TV and it won’t be a Samsung. I will also boycott any other Samsung products (washer, dryer, refrigerator, etc). I urge everyone else to do the same. We need to start opening some factories in the USA and start making things here again instead of importing crap.

If you have a hdmi lead check to make sure it's in tight or take it out - this may solve the problem

I have the same problem on my 49 inch curved 4k the I bought 2nd July 2017 it should not happen,my warranty expired tv £620 had a quote of £400 to fix it

SecretCeremony  that looks like a backlight array issue. Either the caps are falling off or the LED’s are not lighting up properly. We’ll need the complete model number for your TV to see if this is a common issue. If so, you can repalce the LED array but it’s a bit tedious since you will have to disasemble your panel. Also, let us see what it looks like when it displays a complete image not just a single colored screen.

hi @oldturkey03 !The model is UE48H6290SS its excactly the same when it displays a complete image. no big differences just the purple tints gets more darker on green or darker colors but the purple color still exists.no change at all.Plus the last 2 days 1 new purple spot appeared on center left side of screen!

2 new photos on links :

https://ibb.co/fsn5u8

https://ibb.co/cHgWZ8

SecretCeremony this is apparently referred to as "Magenta noise". Plenty of forums are looking at solutions and it appears to be predominantly on Samsungs and appears to be a manufacturing issue. If you do not have the purple noise on your TV's menu, a new main board may resolve the issue. Since it shows on your menus as well, you would most likely need a new panel. I'd contact Samsung and raise the issue with them, even so your TV is out of warranty. It is not "burn in" nor a "pressure mark issue".

Sorry, wish I would have better news for you.

thx for your time @oldturkey03 . i had already contacted samsung but they cant do anything as the tv is out of warranty.can u advice me what can i do alone to try at least something before i go in search for a new tv?the problem as far as i understand is the panel so its the leds that causes that magenta noise ? i am familiar with electronics so at least i can try something !

SecretCeremony from what I've read it looks like voltage issues on the LED driver board that control the LED's. I would start with a new main board (yes I'd buy it from somewhere where I can return it in case it does not work) then re-evaluate on that.

The LCD panel will be connect to a driver board that is part of the panel, take a look on that one and see what you find. Post some good images of that board with your question so we may be lucky and find some sort of schematic etc. I would even contemplate on getting a universal driver for the panel just to see if the same issues are present when every board from the TV is disconnected. Sounds like a lot of work and maybe even some $$$ foolishly spend but I do not like to concede defeat.

ok @oldturkey03 i will check this on this week. from a fast check i did already mainboard, t con and power supply board looks good ( bad caps etc not found).

i didnt found any LED driver board on the back of the tv so i suspect that i must pull out the front frame and more components to get in it ? as for the leds inside the panel i think i can test them 1 by 1 to see if anyone is bad or lights purple color than white. i dont have a power supply for this job but i will find some way.are all of this ok for you or you do not suggest something i told? i will post pictures of all the components so wait for it!

Again many thx man.

I bought my 55” curved screen Samsung December 2016. In August 2018 it developed a purple patch on the screen. In January 2019 after several people commented on it, I phoned Samsung, they were of little help but gave me the phone number of a local tv repair company. The engineer came to my home and told me the problem could not be fixed and I needed a replacement screen. The problem was Samsung no longer made them and if they did a new screen on average costs 60% of the price of a new tv.

I wont buy Samsung again, 2 years old and my tv is broken and out of date.

If you are in Nz then consumer states a tv must last a reasonable length of time 5-10 years. I've just had this issue where my tv needed repair after 2yrs and the seller refused to repair under the CGA. However after getting consumer involved my TV was fixed free. You are entitled to a repair or replacement tv. Please go back to Samsung and push for your rights.

No more Samsung for me absolutely disgusting for this purple spot problem on a tv not more than 3yr old

It could be LCD Bruising from a knock or bump. you can replace the panel but its probably the same price as getting a refurbished one.

Hi @zachwaxman and thx for your reply. For your information i must tell you that i never knock move or dump the tv the last couple of years :P

Bad TVs. When you google this issues its always samsung

Yes crap customer service crap cheap made TVs that don’t last

The TV is damaged and needs to be replaced. There is no known fix. Of course, you should not buy anything from Samsung. Check the following conversation (which is going on for some time)

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-A...

T con board is at fault

rc7723 explain how you made that determination. Why would you think this is a T-con board issue?

Same problem here been on to Samsung they won’t tell me what’s happening mine out of warranty but I should not happen to a tv I bought July 2017 so basically they said fix it ,never buy Samsung again I’ve been loyal to their products for 35years or more stuff them ,got your money so stuff the consumer

Everyone who has this problem should contact Samsung in my case they may get the purple haze problem sorted

The blue/purple spots happen because somewhere along the line the manufacturers of the panels stopped using electromagnetic shielding to cut cost of manufacturing notice the sub woofer bottom right … it uses magnets and electricity smaller electronic item can be seen at the bottom left where the dimmer spots are ….. the tvs own speakers will cause these blue spots anything speaker or electronic wise to close to the panel will cause these spots hope this information helps

SecretCeremony will be eternally grateful.