"The worlds smallest 15.6-inch laptop packs powerhouse performance and a stunning InfinityEdge display all in Dell's most powerful XPS laptop."

What screwdrivers do I need to disassemble the xps 15 9560?

What screwdrivers do I need to disassemble the xps 15 9560? I need to change the HDD to a SSD.

Needed screwdrivers:

-Phillips screwdriver #0

-Phillips screwdriver #1

-Torx #5 (T5) screwdriver

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/xps-15-9...

The IFixit toolkit is very much an overkill, but I might get it so that I'll have all future screws needed. (And hopefully it is of a better quality than their less pricey competitors)

Most Helpful Answer

The majority of Dell laptops use #0 or #00, depending on the system in question. I expect this one to use #00 on the outside and #0 on the internal components. That said, some of their laptops use Torx as well, but that's not common on Dell laptops, especially ones made within the past 4-5 years.

My recommendation for a laptop like this is to get the 64-bit driver kit so you aren't stuck if my educated guess is wrong.

Mako Driver Kit - 64 Precision Bits Image

Product

Mako Driver Kit - 64 Precision Bits

$29.99

Alessandro will be eternally grateful.