iPhone 6S will not turn on or charge

Hi! I recently received a used iPhone 6S as a gift, but a couple months after receiving it it just stopped working. It will not turn on and won't even charge. I would like to try to service it myself but am not sure where to start.

I suspect it may just be the battery, but would like some confirmation before I go ahead and buy the parts to replace battery. Thanks!

Most Helpful Answer

If you have replaced the battery and the charging port, and tried multiple cables and charging bricks, I would try one last time to start charging from a computer - I have found a few times that the computer gets it to start charging. If not, it is probably a problem with the logic board charging circuits - probably the Tristar chip, otherwise known as U2. You will need to take it to a microsoldering business.

Check Your charger Or Try another one

Already tried with multiple chargers :(

If the device won't power on or charge, I would start by replacing the charge port. The battery could just be dead and if there is no power going to the battery, there is no way to charge the old or a new battery. So go ahead and replace the charge port first and let me know how it goes.

I will try that. Thanks!

Okay so I FINALLY had some time to change the charge port, but it's still not turning on or charging. What do you think I should try next?

Kasmin Torres will be eternally grateful.