Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

After Battery Replacement - 3G radio signal Weak

I just replaced a friends battery on her iPhone 3GS.

Everything seemed great - back to normal - until she went home and now she gets 3G "No Service" - where before she had 1-2 bars.

Sure enough when she brought it back to the office the next day - there is only 1 bar - where my 3GS has a full 5 bars - we both have same exact model. Both are running iOS 4.3.1

Followed the iFixit guide very carefully - especially on re-assembley - but seems obvious that somehow I "broke" something regarding the cellular antenna - Wifi seems to be working fine.

Has this happened to anyone else during a repair or battery replacement? If I re-open her 3GS What should I be looking for?

There are 2 gold grounding prongs on connector 7(antenna) make sure they are in contact with the bezel and that no 7 is on properly.

I have exactly the same problem. Do you have a picture of what it should look like?

take a look at any of the guides on the right under the photo of the iphone.. examine the dock connector and you'll see the 2 grounding prongs and connector 7...

josephmyates will be eternally grateful.