0

johnny tran
1

iPhone 4 won't turn on

how to fix my iphone 4, it won't turn on

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( )

johhny tran, what happened to the phone? Any damage that you know off? Any water exposure? Any recent updates to the phone? Did you ever have it working or did you get it in this condition?

4

Brad
18k

First step is to try connecting iPhone to the wall charger to see if it will turn on, which will begin to happen immediately. If that does not work, let it try to charge for about 5-10 minutes and hopefully it will turn on. Second step is to try a Hard Reset, which is holding at same time Power/Top button and Home Button, keep holding for about 15 seconds until iPhone turns on. Third step would be to carefully clean dock connector port very carefully with isopropyll alcohol, make sure to clean the charging pins there, again very carefully, let dry for a minute. Then try to turn on iPhone. If this does not work, all iPhone 4 at this time are under Apple Warranty, and the Apple Genius will be very happy to help you with a new iPhone 4. Good luck. Brad

if you are in a country that has an Apple store, and if you have a phone that still has a warranty that wasn't voided etc.

Step 2 worked-thank you very much!

Barbara,

1

kyle
13

put into DFU mode.

1)plug in your iphone

2)hold the power button for 2-3 seconds.

3)still holding the power button, hold the home button for 8 seconds.

4)let go of the power button, then still hold the home button for 8 more seconds.

5)reverse the steps and this may take a few minutes to reboot. if this doesn't work restart the steps.

(ps. he does not say step number 2 but i find it works better.)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v8HMC9B...

0

Analie
1

THIS ONE WORKED! THANKS FOR THIS INFO:

put into DFU mode.

1)plug in your iphone

my iphone 4 fell from my hand and hit to the floor . i tryed to turn it on but it wouldnt turn on . i tryed to press the power button it wouldnt turn . i tryed to charge it and it work but a few second the logo of apple is turn off ... any answer please !

lei,

0

Alejandro Pajarito
1

My phone fell from my hand and hit the floor . so I tryed to turn it on and it wouldnt turn on. I tryed to charge it but the battery sign appears and then the apple apears but it doesnt go the the main screen. i tryed connecting it to a charger but it doesnt work . i dotn know what to do .

0

averi carroll
1

hold the power button and the home button for 18 seconds if the apple sign appears it will work if it doesnt work plug into wall charger it that doesn't work. go to the apple store and ask for help.

0

Stephanie Briley
1

my phone keep on showing the apple sign and it turn back off than light up again like its about to turn on than it shuts back off and its been doing this about four hours and ive put in on a charger and hasn't done anything my lock button is broke so I can re start it so I don't know what to do any answers?

0

Amber Thomas
1

my Iphone 4 is all cracked . my power button wont work on it , only my home button will . when I plug it up to the charger all it does is make noise and vibrate . I let it stay on the charger all night and it still wont work . can you help ?

0

lucy
1

yes it was working before! it just that I was using it then it was slow so I turned it off then turn back on then it was slow again then turned it off I went open it I couldn't turn on plus mu lock button to my iPhone 4 doesn't not work!!!!!!!!! can u please help me and give ideas for how fix it i am really looking forward for a solution!!!!!!!!!!!

thank u

0

Barbara
1

it froze while in a game so I turned it off and now it wont come back on.

0

neathemikogirl
1

How can i reset it because my home button is broken

-1

Jamal Curry
1

water damage