Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Why won't my iPhone 4 turn on?

My iPhone 4 isn't turning on. What can I try to get it working again?

johhny tran, what happened to the phone? Any damage that you know off? Any water exposure? Any recent updates to the phone? Did you ever have it working or did you get it in this condition?

I dropped my iphone 4 and now it will not come on. i held the power button for 30sec. I tried plugging it in. It will not turn on. At first you could here a noise. Now nothing it's black.

I double-clicked the back button on the web browser and it froze. Naturally, I tried to press home and exit the browser. After this failed, it turned it off. It now will not turn on again. I tried alot of tricks from things I found online and it still won't turn off. I hope its not broken!

I held the home &power button at the same time...my phone turned on.....l am sooo HAPPY...saved me a trip to the Apple store.

i dropped mine in a lifeproof case and it wouldnt turn on and it hasnt turned on i held the home button and power button but nothing

First, try connecting the iPhone to a wall charger to see if it will turn on, which will begin to happen immediately. If that does not work, let it charge for 10-20 minutes and hopefully it will turn on.

Second, try a Hard Reset by holding both the Power/Top button and Home Button for about 15 seconds until iPhone turns on.

Third, try carefully cleaning the charging port with isopropyl alcohol. Make sure to clean the charging pins and let dry for a few minutes. Then try to plug in a charger and turn on iPhone.

If these initial attempts do not work, check out the iPhone 4 Troubleshooting Page. for more troubleshooting solutions. Good luck.

Brad

if you are in a country that has an Apple store, and if you have a phone that still has a warranty that wasn't voided etc.

Step 2 worked-thank you very much!

the second one worked thank you so much

OMG the second step worked, thank you so much.

not work any step

put into DFU mode.

1)plug in your iphone

2)hold the power button for 2-3 seconds.

3)still holding the power button, hold the home button for 8 seconds.

4)let go of the power button, then still hold the home button for 8 more seconds.

5)reverse the steps and this may take a few minutes to reboot. if this doesn't work restart the steps.

(ps. he does not say step number 2 but i find it works better.)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v8HMC9B...

omg thinak you so much it worked!

wow thanks so much it worked for me

I dropped my iphone then the screen died so i changed it but now i have this problem.... When i lock my iphone and when i press the power button the display doesnt turned on untill I reboot it

You suck you spuipt ##&&% don't do that ever again suckers

Thanks it works for me..

My iPhone is on but the screen won't come on. I've plugged it in and you can hear the sound an iPhone 4 makes whenever it gets plugged in to charge. I locked my screen with the square thingy on the screen whenever it was unlocked & that's when it started .. It was frozen so I couldn't do anything. What's a tip ?

change the screen, if youre hearing sounds but nothing shows up on the screen, your lcd is broke.

@ least ur getting that familiar sound coz I get nothing;just the apple sign & when I hold the power & home together, every now n then will get the plug in with itunes sign...arghhh

THIS ONE WORKED! THANKS FOR THIS INFO:

put into DFU mode.

1)plug in your iphone

my iphone 4 fell from my hand and hit to the floor . i tryed to turn it on but it wouldnt turn on . i tryed to press the power button it wouldnt turn . i tryed to charge it and it work but a few second the logo of apple is turn off ...

any answer please !

My phone fell from my hand and hit the floor . so I tryed to turn it on and it wouldnt turn on. I tryed to charge it but the battery sign appears and then the apple apears but it doesnt go the the main screen. i tryed connecting it to a charger but it doesnt work . i dotn know what to do .

usually this means the battery connector disconnected, crack it open, unplug the battery, and plug it back in.

hold the power button and the home button for 18 seconds if the apple sign appears it will work if it doesnt work plug into wall charger it that doesn't work. go to the apple store and ask for help.

my phone keep on showing the apple sign and it turn back off than light up again like its about to turn on than it shuts back off and its been doing this about four hours and ive put in on a charger and hasn't done anything my lock button is broke so I can re start it so I don't know what to do any answers?

yes it was working before! it just that I was using it then it was slow so I turned it off then turn back on then it was slow again then turned it off I went open it I couldn't turn on plus mu lock button to my iPhone 4 doesn't not work!!!!!!!!! can u please help me and give ideas for how fix it i am really looking forward for a solution!!!!!!!!!!!

thank u

it froze while in a game so I turned it off and now it wont come back on.

Alsonhappened to me

mine too.. I'm so worried about it

How can i reset it because my home button is broken

Same mine is broke too

open it and unplug the battery and plug it back in.

My phone keeps turning half way on then off again and it keeps repeating it. PLEASE HELP

this means its bricked, you need to factory reset it at an apple store.

Please can so tell me what to do my iPhone was plugged to charger suddenly the charger blew and I removed it immediately and then I tried to on the phone but didn't come up instead the phone gets hot....

Mine got into water no work

same please help us please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have an iphone 4 that stoped working, no sigh of life. None of your answers worked for me, no water damage to my phone. I think its a motherboard issue, maybe the power ic chip. Can someone tell me how to check if this chip work? Thanks!

I dropped my iphone four on the floor. it was in a case with the back of my screen cracked already beforehand. My home button does not work so I am not able to turn it on using the power and home screen button. I believed the back had come loose but everything is still in tact. Any suggestions?

Help i accidentally put my phone in water but not all the way the water filled up to above the home button and stupidly i didn't think to do anything but dry it off because it still seemed to be working but then Voice control randomly kept going off and i still went about my day and then later when my battery was low i tried to charge it but it didn't work and then it died and now my phone screen is just black like it wont charge or turn on or anything and i tried everything I have the iPhone 4 please help me i am begging you all!!!!!! If You have any ideas on how to fix this i am all ears please just help me out!!!!!!!

Hi jOhnny,

I suggest you to consult a engineer or you might damage your device even more.

Regards,

kksilvery.

Score -1

johnny tran will be eternally grateful.