Model A1199 / 2, 4, or 8 GB capacity

Why wont my iPod turn on or charge?

I was listening to my ipod when I put it down for a second.When i went to listen to it again but it was shut off I tried to turn it back on with no luck so I assumed it was dead i tried to charge it but no luck.But it was working fine before that.

Danielle try to reset your nano by following the Apple advise and see if that works for you.

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer.

Good Luck and let us know if it worked.

My nano how do you operate it?

Danielle will be eternally grateful.