Parts & Tools

Rear camera black screen, but flash working?

A customer came in with a broken rear camera, so I switched it with a known good one, it showed a picture briefly, then purple lines down the middle, then black screen again. Reset the phone, still black screen on rear camera. Flashlight is fine, front camera is fine, and the problem started after a drop, not a repair. Thanks for any help!

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Have you tried to re-install your known-good camera in a working housing? I'm curious to see if it was damaged by the original customer phone or if it works fine. That way you'd know for certain that it is not a camera issue.

Doubles check the connector for damage, otherwise, you are probably facing some logic board damage which would require a micro-soldering repair.

To be totally honest, I pulled the camera from another customer's phone, which was locked so I couldn't test the camera again afterwards. Since then, they picked it up and haven't complained about the camera though, so I think it's still good! It's possible that it needs microsoldering, I might be contacting you.

viarengo1 will be eternally grateful.