The Golf Mk5 was introduced in Europe in the autumn of 2003, reaching the UK market in early 2004. In North America, Volkswagen brought back the Rabbit nameplate when it introduced the vehicle in 2006.

radiator fan doesnt comes on till I turn ac on

radiator fan doesnt comes on till i turn ac on.

Is there any diffrent sensor for the radiator other then the cooling engine sensor? and where is located

@fusebox. sounds like a bad thermoswitch. Here is the explanation why it comes on with the AC:"

The electric radiator cooling fan assembly is controlled by a thermoswitch located in the side of the radiator. At higher coolant temperatures, the switch closes to start the cooling fans. Any time the coolant temperature rises to higher than normal levels, the fan will start and continue to run until coolant temperature returns to a normal range. On vehicles with air conditioning, rising refrigerant pressures will also activate the cooling fans.

Attached documents will show you how to test the switch etc. Fan-and-Thermoswitch.pdf

so do i need to replace the thermostat or thermostat switch OR they both are one part ?

Out of all that I have read on internet about the problem I am having with this car and the days I have spent working on it I just found this information on my tablet. I wish I could have found it days ago . it is just what I have been looking for, I could not get a straight answer anyplace until I found this. Thank you so much.

You might have an initial temperature sensor which causes the fan to come on when the temperature begins to rise; that sensor might be defective.

Then when you turn the A/C on, the temperature goes up even higher, which triggers the next sensor.

I would look for an initial, "low temp" sensor that is defective.

for my peugeot 206, fan comes on only if i turn on A/C otherwise wont, (regardless of what is car temperature )

I have the same problem did you fix it

Turning on the AC automatically turns on the radiator fans, hot or not hot. In order for the AC Condensor to do its job it must stay as cool as it can. As for the engine coolant temp sensor, if the coolant is not hot enough to make the fan come on, then there is no need for the fan yet and there is no problem. Simply the engine is not hot enough to turn on the cooling fan, its not hot enough outside, you are driving getting plenty of air flow through the grille to keep things cool without the assistance of the fan. Its possible that you have no problem at all.

You are a genius without a doubt

herzlich yossi will be eternally grateful.