Some things just don't quite fit in

How to replace battery on ZTE Warp Connect Hotspot?

The battery on my ZTE Warp Connect Hotspot appears to be swollen after about 5 months of use. I bought a replacement but I thought I'd seek out experts (safety first). I've removed the back cover and know that the battery is held by adhesive but it seems to be stuck very well. How much force can I use with a debit card/screwdriver before worrying about puncturing the battery?

After the battery is removed but still connected do I have to remove screws or the other panel to disconnect and reconnect the new battery?

I have same issue with Sprint warp connect battery swelling...my device keeps shutting off ....new replacement on the way....i ordered mine from amazon

I am reading this because OUR ZTE battery has swollen up - and when we called the guy at Batteries Plus to see if he had a replacement t, he said HIS battery was swollen - so what is this? What with all the batteries swelling up?

After a long process of going to Sprint store I bought it from, then sent to Sprint service center, then told they can’t fix it and given 800 number for ZTE Warranty dept I came to the conclusion that they want to screw all their customers over. Obviously there is a manufacturing issue with the swollen batteries- all under the 1 yr factory warranty. By the time I got off of the chat online rep I was down to sending my unit in so they could decide if I damaged it and would have to pay for repairs or it actually is a defect in which they would repair it and send it back. The length of this process for turn around.....about a month!

I have had the same issue and I am on my 3rd ZTE connect. It is a defect in the battery and all they do is give you the run around time after time. It’s starting to get really old. They blamed me for keeping it plugged in too much but that isn’t the problem. The problem is that their equipment is junk. I will not be getting a 4th. I’ll switch to someone else.

I changed the battery today. But it was glued in so well I was afraid to break the modem getting it out, but i was also afraid the battery would explode soon, so I carried on picking and prying at it with a nail file til i got it out. I have photos of the process if anyone want to see what it looks like before they crack it open. the side where the battery is stuck does not contain any major fragile parts so its ok to poke and scrape at the glue on the underside of the battery to get it loose. after that its just 5 tiny screws, replace it, and put the case back on. I did not use the adhesive with the new battery in case i need to replace it again.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Most Helpful Answer

Hey Beau, my warp connect also recently started swelling. I took the hotspot apart to see what was involved in replacing it and it is pretty straight forward. After you pry the battery up you will have I believe 4 small Phillips screws to take out because the battery connector is located on the opposite side of the board. After that its just a simple snap connection. Just curios where you got your battery from, only place I saw was alibaba.

5 screws. got my battery from Amazon.com CBK

changed out battery all went well.

cost for new battery was 12.99

same issue. battery swollen but battery and unit is still working fine, ordered a new battery, but old battery is not coming loose for me, it is stuck on very securely. I'm concerned that i will break the unit trying to pry out the battery.

I have had my warp connect for over a year. Of course it had a 6 month warranty. The Battery is bloated and it forced the back cover open. I am using it right now. I am going to replace it soon. I will be getting a FRANKLIN WIRELESS R850 MOBILE HOTSPOT for $80 from PCs for People.

Good Day;

Work a credit card or similar under the battery.  Takes a bit of work and is accessed after removing 5 screws.

Four are clear one is covered in the centre to the top.

This I have done but having a problem removing battery connection,  Seems it may also be clued in place.

Not sure which direction I should work the connection,  Any advice appreciated

Pull the connector up and away from the board, it isn't glued in but it is a bit annoying to get it to pull away

These things seem to be very sensitive to over charging. Probably best to use a power timer that only charges it occasionally. Mine swelled so much that the back popped completely off and wouldn’t stay closed except with rubber bands. Eventually, the battery became pretty much useless and it would constantly reboot whenever it was  unplugged.  I bought an old one from eBay to swap batteries. Of course, pulling the battery is a pain because it's glued down (work a credit card under so you don’t pierce it). Then there is hardly any wire length to work with and the connection doesn’t slide off parallel to the circuit board as it might appear. You need to lift or pry it up off of the circuit board. Since there is almost nothing to get hold of, it’s best to slide a paperclip under the wires of the plug and carefully pry them up (pressure perpendicular to the circuit board) by lifting there and it should pop off.  Also, the back just pops off, but remove the SIM card and all 5 screws before popping off the front.

Beau J will be eternally grateful.