The Grand Prix was updated for 2004 on a revised version of the GM W platform and was unveiled at the 2002 Chicago International Auto Show on February 7, 2002 as the Grand Prix G-Force Concept.

Multiple System Warning lights on

The transaction control, service break system and service abs system warning came on all at once in my 04 pontiac grand prix 3.8 . I have all new breaks all the way around. And replaced the right rear wheel bearing abs hub per the scan results. The lights will go off for awhile then come back on. Battery and Alternator were checked and they are in perfect working order

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

You will need to check if there is a fault with your front and rear abs wheel sensors. Hook it up to a scanner, reset all the codes. Drive it and see what resets.

Check all your wheel sensors by removing and visually inspecting the units. Wipe any grime or grease off them then replace. Check all the ABS sensor cables make sure they aren't broken or damaged in any way. Replace any suspect ones.

Last of all check all your fuses.

Thank you for your reply

I already did that and no error codes when I scan it since rear hub/abs replaced. But still getting warning. :)

@vulkus has given you a good start(which he should have put into an answer so we can vote for it ) . You mentioned service break system light was on . when you changed the breaks did you open the system to air if so you may need to bleed the system are the brakes spongy or do you need to pump them to get stopped . Or had brake fluid been added to the system then when you put new brake pads on did it overfill the system as less fluid is needed with new pads . Check fluid levels regardless . If you have open tone rings check them for mud and road grim . if there sealed rings then check the wheel bearings seals for leaks . if grease is coming out dirt can get in and plug the tone ring . Finally does the traction control cause the car to shudder in sharp turns or or send vibration through the steering on long slow curves? let us know . Hope this helps

Everything has been done properly. Scan shows no errors since I replaced the rear abs hub assembly. But warning keeps coming back intermittently

Oh and everything works great. Breaks respond perfectly. No control issues. At this point I'm just gonna replace the 3 remaining will bearing hubs/sensor's (they are one unit) and see what happens because everything else has been done. After all it can't hurt the cars 14 years old. Thanks for trying :)

Before you go buying new hubs, try to replicate the problem on other wheel sensors. Swap the left rear wheel sensor with the right rear wheel sensor and see what happens. It could be a wiring issue. Also get brake cleaner and spray the bejesus out of the tone rings, while rotating the wheel. (on jack stands).

Robyn will be eternally grateful.