The Dell Latitude E6400 was Dell's mainstream corporate 14.1" notebook introduced in August 2008.

Activating the Bluetooth wireless switch

I have been trying to tether my iPhone to my Dell Latitude E6400 using Bluetooth. When I click on the Bluetooth icon, it tells me to activate the wireless switch. How do I do this?

i have switched on the airplane mode so it stops all wireless connection,bluetooth...but i cant to off it i tried all known possiblities fn+signal symbol,setting al is greyed out

hello guys I'm here to help you guys

please update the drivers

and please refer the following link just copy and paste on the browser after downloading you can use Bluetooth and also can view in device manager

http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers...

First, be sure you have the Bluetooth option; it is not standard equipment on your model. You should have a Bluetooth indicator light above the F1 key if yours came equipped with Bluetooth. There should be a key sequence marked for it on the keyboard. I believe it is Fn+F2 that will switch your Bluetooth wireless on and off. Your WiFi wireless switch is on the right, above the headphone and microphone ports (next to "Dell Wi-Fi Catcher" button).

Good answer.....+

Thank You. It is working now

still cant find it

still bluetooth indicator light above F1 not on..

plz help me..

my light will not come on iv pressed fn+f2 as well

Turn on your wireless from wireless button and bluetooth will also turn on with this.

Vergo, read the comment made by Kevin McConnell (the OP), March 23, 2011. Good answer to a very old and resolved question

how to use net in sim card dell latuide e6400

How can I instail my bluetooth?

http://search.dell.com/searchcom_redirec...

Firstly you need to make sure that whether your Bluetooth is properly installed and as far as the switch is concerned the check on you keyboard from F1 to F12 where you can see the Bluetooth icon. So all you need to do is just to press Fn key and then hold the exact Bluetooth activating key.

bluetooth is not turning on in my laptop

Thanks for your answer it was very useful for me.

I have dell latitude e6400 Laptop and having problrm with blutooth.. bluetooth indicater light is on but there in no any bluetooth icon anywhere in the laptop in divice manager or control panel etc

mine too

please help

same here

any body help plz

Mine too. When I turn off and then back on the wireless button the bluetooth light turns on for probably less than a minute. But once off stays off unless I turn off/on wireless again. Phone says connecting then sayd match key not correct. How do I get the match key?

Appreciate direct answer to adinserter@gmail.com

in which side there is only a wifi

dude. i have a bluetooth symbol on the little lights. it is not lit up i flick the switch on the side wireless turns off then switch it back on wireless turns on but no light on bluetooth, still says activate bluetooth...there is a little button right next to the wireless switch, i have pressed that multiple times nothing and also there is NO bluetooth symbol to use for the FN shortcut

I have been trying to teather me i phone using bluetooth. When I click on the bluetooth icon, it tells me to activate the wireless switch. How do I do this?

you may not have the bluetooth driver installed. Go to dell support, look up the 370 minicard under wireless devices, and download that driver. Once it's installed you will have the tray icon where you can connect your bluetooth device. Here is a link:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/1...

I have a Dell latitude e6430, and it did not come with a Bluetooth card. There isn't a Bluetooth symbol on my keyboard anywhere can I install one? And if I can will a Bluetooth card from a Dell Latitude 6400 be compatible?

My laptop is Dell latitude E6430, I am not able to install 370 bluetooth card.

I am getting the error "please activate bluetooth using wireless switch"

pls help

mine is doing the same dude

Kevin McConnell will be eternally grateful.