Model A1204 / 1 or 2 GB capacity

iPod shuffle charge problem

I have been browsing quite a lot around the forum to see if I can find any solution but nothing working so far. So here's what happened.

I had the ipod shuffle 2nd generation since it came out, then after 2 years I decided to use it again, I tried plugging into my laptop, it will recognize into my iTunes but the light just keep blinking orange and won't charge, so I tried different ports and that didnt fixed the issue. Then I moved into my desktop, I tried all the USB ports, nothing working and then at the end I decided to give it a last try and for some reason it worked on my PC, and it started charging, the orange light was constantly on without blinking which means the battery is charging and once it was fully charged it was green. It was all great, I was adding new music whenever I needed.

After 1 week I decided to format my PC, then reinstalled all the programs, and when I wanted to add new music on my ipod shuffle I saw that the orange light started blinking and whenever I plugged my ipod it won't charge at all, just orange light keep blinking .... Because before whenever I used to plug the ipod shuffle it used to charge right away whenever I added new music, I mean in the meantime it would charge while I am browsing through my music library, now it's just orange light keep blinking. The other thing that I've noticed now is whenever I eject the ipod shuffle and then try to remove from the charger I can see that for like 1 sec the light changes colors from orange into green.

I have tried the method that some people recommended, to disable "Enable disk use" and select "Open iTunes when this iPod is attached" and what happens is whenever I plug my ipod with these settings it won't even blink or give any signs but however it's recognized in the iTunes and it works fine, it just won't charge.

Btw I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, if that matters. I tried to restore the ipod but didn't work at all.

Or maybe it got changed and it's charging when the orange light is blinking? Because I have been going into the gym and for the last 2 weeks I have been listening to the music and it never showed any signs of low battery, it just green light on it all the time and it has been plugged for those 2 weeks just like 15 minutes MAX.

Any help?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

ME too! I keep buying them (can only find on ebay) and have 3 “new” ones now and all do the same thing. When plugged in and off, orange blinking then when off computer, no lights. when plugged in and turned to ON, the light is green but goes off as soon as I unplug it. I have also restored to factory settings, checked the open itunes and disc use, but no luck. I have noticed when i click to eject, it says it can’t because it’s being used by other

I have the same problem with my gen 2 Shuffle, I plugged into PC (with Win 10 64 bit OS) and iTunes opens allowing me to add songs, then I "ejected" the iPod and the orange light goes off. If the orange light is off then it is not charging. I plugged into wall outlet (standard wall adapter with USB port) and orange light blinks 3 times then goes off. Out of curiosity, I took another standard wall adapter I was using to charge my GPX MP3 player and this adapter started charging the iPod! So, do I have a bad wall adapter? I then plugged my GPX into the "bad" adapter and it started charging my GPX. My iPod Shuffle generation 2 seems to be rather touchy for charging. When plugged into my PC, only once did it go into charging (solid orange light) after "ejecting" it in iTunes, all the other times the orange light simply turns off.

I have trouble charging too.Only charges (sometimes) after a restore.

Dimitar Chaushev will be eternally grateful.