Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

[iOS 11.3] Battery Health Beta - No Change after Replacing Battery

hello,

I have replaced battery on iPhone 6PLUS with a new one, most probably genuine OEM one (looks very good and original).

Unfortunately battery status stayed the same - SERVICE :(

Maximum Capacity also stayed the same which is poor 65% :(

I have double checked the battery with coconut and iBackupBoot and its 100% capacity and 0 cycles.

I have tried ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS - no change

I have tried Restoring 11.3 from scratch in iTunes - no change

I have checked battery in iBackupboot again and still 100% capacity.

1. Is there a way to reset battery info capacity and service status?

2. How to do it?

3. Has anyone tried replacing battery and what happened with previous status and capacity number?

I have tried DFU restore but no change. Still "SERVICE" status and only 65% capacity :(

Will try to drain the battery to 0% and then charge to 100% again but I feel that has nothing to do with capacity number which may need some Apple Authorised Service Provider reset procedure :(

I have tried downgrade to previous 11.2.6 without Battery Health and then upgrade to 11.3 but no change. Service status stays and 65% capacity is still there :(

Free Shipping on all orders $79.00 and up.

Browse Our Store
MANTA DRIVER KIT
112 bit driver kit $59.99
MANTA DRIVER KIT
112 bit driver kit $59.99

Most Helpful Answer

Some users have stated that the Battery Health doesn't seem to support all aftermarket batteries. That and this new feature being a Beta version means there's not much more you an do beyond what you have already tried. I find it odd that it would keep the same value as the original battery, even after a full wipe of the device.

You could try to do a DFU restore which wipes the device and downloads a fresh version of iOS. Make sure to backup your data first and test the Health feature before restoring the device.

I thought about it and will do it tonight and report back.

[iOS 11.3] Battery Health - Replaced Battery?!

Here is similar question but battery shows no capacity at all when using replacement battery. I would prefer it TBH because it would be easier to explain why there is no capacity shown on new battery instead of 65% capacity shown on new oem battery :(

oh it says "service" ? where did u get this battery from?

Status "service" and capacity 65% is from previous battery. It did not change after replacing battery.

New battery is from my regular dealer. Im almost sure it is genuine Apple battery. Looks perfect and works perfect. Capacity is also 100% and 0 Cycles when checked on iBackupboot..

I work for bestbuy in geeksquad at an apple authorized service provider. We probably replace about 15 iphone batteries a day. Since the 11.3 release after we replace batteries with 100% genuine apple batteries we still get the “service” response on the health status about 1 in 4 times. We believe its a bug- considering its a beta. We have been working with apple and have been trying to discover a solution. We had tried replacing batteries a second time and have same outcome. In rare occasions doing a full restore has worked, but nothing we have found consistenly solved the issue.

When you first installed it did you drain it to 0 then charge it up to 100? Thats how you calibrate the battery

Not yet. I will do it anyway but not sure why the capacity is still 65% when it should change to 100%.

Ok sounds good we wil lse what happens

I have discharged to 0% and then charged to 100% but there is no change :(

Still shows service status and 65% capacity on a new 100% capacity battery.

see if your battery temp jumps with coconut battery if your temp is frozen then you have fake battery I have batteries of apple that really look like but is fake also check if your battery used counts on days if not, it is not a real battery of apple only real apple batteries count the used days they are in use

Hi there

Yes exactly i heard about it, but don’t worry, it will be ok on the next update. iOS 11.4 and so. Yo should maybe wait about at least a month for this version of iOS, i think this bug or problem will be certainly solved.

And look, that’s not something too bad! You know that your device has a good battery performance which support peak voltage. No unexpected shut downs, Your device isn't slow, so that’s perfect!

I’m using iPhone X, battery health was 97% a few days ago. in the setting and the “Battery Health” app. After that it became to 95% in both setting and the app, I let it drain to zero and fully charged it again to 100% percent and let it connected to the charger for several minutes. The battery health app now has become to 99%! I try to measure it several times in several days and Yes, it’s really 99% again and again! But setting still says 95%! Its really immutable, I don’t know why

Windcatcher will be eternally grateful.