Apple's 2016 revision to their laptop lineup targeted at professional users. Features a 15-inch, 2880-by-1800 Retina display, quad-core Intel Core i7, 256 GB / 512 GB /1 TB / 2TB storage options, 16 GB RAM, and a keyboard equipped with a Touch Bar. Released November 2016. Features Model A1707.

Where can I get a replacement right speaker?

Hey guys,

I've searched all over the internet looking for a replacement right speaker for my TB 15 inch. Would the one made for the 13 inch potentially fit? Or is there another source out there for these parts? I took the machine to apple and they said the entire bottom case would need to be replaced just for the speaker. The speaker isn't part of the logic board so I'm not sure why this would be the case.

Thank you!

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

Most Helpful Answer

Your right! The speakers are not part of the logic board.

But! They are glued to the uppercase! Thats why Apple told you you'll needed to replace the uppercase (not the bottom case).

Here's one so you can see no screws holding the part! The stud is for its alignment by the robot that puts them in.

you can get it here:

https://www.unionrepair.com/loud-speaker...

@m0bi0us0ne - Good find!

@danj Hopefully they are really OEM, I need to replace mine too and apple quoted me an obscene price! Now I just need to figure out how to unglue the old one!

Edit:

I just noticed UnionRepair is banned from this website till 2024... I'm really curious to know why

I gave that website you mentioned above a shot. Just got the parts in the mail. I’ll report my findings soon

@syngatesfan I did to and already replaced the speaker on my Laptop! a couple of advices:

1: remove the logic board entirely, the process of removing the speaker is pretty "violent" and you might end up breaking something else.

2: heat with a blow-drier the the topside (where the keyboard is) to facilitate the removal

3: to remove the old speaker I pulled on the connector, found this way to be the easiest.

The only problem I have with the speaker now is that when it's playing something with a bit of bass I can hear it vibrating and distorting the sound, I dunno if it is a problem of the speaker or it is a problem of how I attached it ( I used 2mm double side tape bought here). I'm planning on remove it again and do a better job at securing it. I suspect the really strong adhesive Apple uses is to prevent it from rattling.

Please let me know if you have the same issue.

If the issue persist I'm bringing it to Apple and hopefully fool them into replacing it under warranty (my old speaker had a massive gash so warranty was out of the question)

I have some problem with right speaker after putting new one

can any one please make a guide with images

and arent these available on ebay cuz it is not shipping these speakers in india

syngatesfan will be eternally grateful.