How to repair this broken plastic?

I bought this headphones like 2 months ago, and some days ago I found that this plastic was broken. I want to fix it... I don’t know how... please help!

I’m thinking to use Superglue... but I want to listen to someone that knows more than me... thanks!

Hello man,

How did you solve your broken headphone? I have the same headphone and it's broken in the same way.

I'd be really thankful for any help!

Thanks a mill!

Henrique

what im going to attemped to do is 3d print my own new peice then upload my files to the internet for other people to improve on or print themselve to stop this issure i think i can design a good enough part maybe i suck at 3d modeling but eh once i have the part desighn noone will have this problem of not being able to get parts you can get them printed

yes please, when you are done creating the model, if you could send me the 3d file you'll help me greatly

jordan c what can i contact you on to send the files i am printing my second prototype now and realised i cant contact you

my email is jordanhcastillo123@gmail.com and thank you!

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

GIVE TOOLS.

FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

@mbenve super glue won't last. Those repairs are very difficult since there is movement on those parts. Common adhesives do not have the strength for this. The plastic for the headset is most likely some sort of HDPE etc. (just realized never seen a recycle symbol on a headset) I'd try something like Loctite Plastic's bonding or Scotch Weld DP8010 for this repair. The other thing you could try is an UV cure adhesive. You can find those on Amazon etc. If that does not work try to find a headset that is broken on the other side and transplant the parts from that.

Ok everyone I suggest sending it to skull candy. It doesn't need proof of purchase and they don't ask questions. Cost me $7 dollars and they sent a brand new one.

but 3d printing is the future

Honestly unless you are printing polycarbonate I don't think a printed solution will last. Mostly because it's weak in the direction of the layers.

well it was until i got a new printer and the peices no longer seperate on the layers they facture and break like actual plastic so it can work and right now it is and if it breaks get it done again

Hey guys, I've came across with this solution, and so far has worked very well for me.

https://imgur.com/mStK47Vl.png

it looks great, can you share more details pls

that could work great

Hi guys, sorry for take so long to replay. So basically what happened there was I used a drilled a small hole (right below the cable to the ear cup) and used a cable tie to keep it together. So far works great and I have the same pressure between the ear cups. It's quite simple and cheap to do. I hope it helps. If you need any other explanation or photos I can post it.

Cheers!

Henrique, a tutorial please?

Cause I got the same problem

Mauro Benv will be eternally grateful.