Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Both cameras not working after replacing screen

A while ago I cracked my phone and replaced the screen. Camera was black so I figured I would get a new one to fix the issue. New camera didn't fix it so now I'm here to find a possible solution.

I replaced the screen and front camera but neither flashlight or front & rear camera will work anymore.

When one camera is failing, occasionally the other will stop as well. so after trying the other camera module, it would be time to look into an issue with either software or board.

start with a hard reset. (hold the power button and home button for 15-20 seconds or until you see the apple logo show up). this will dump the cashe, and fix some software bugs.

Assuming you followed the basic guidelines for all repairs, and disconnected the battery before any repair, and took antistatic precautions, then we can rule out Shorts and ESD, and move on to physical board trauma. The board can easily chip and scratch when metal tools are used. scan the board for any missing components. a microscope really helps with this issue.

I never disconnected the battery. Yikes.

Can I fix it even after shocking the board?

its possible you have shorted out the components on the board.

i would start with that hard reset for sure, as since you removed hardware related to the camera while the device was on, it could be struggling to sync the drivers of the parts.

if you have blown a board level component. then you would have to resort to a logic board replacement. which can get rather pricey. however, make sure to follow my steps posted in the answer before getting ahead of the repair.

I reset the device completely and still no camera.

Still think it's the logic board?

if you have replaced both cameras, as well as done a full reset, then it is highly likely. unless you got a bad part.

Boone L will be eternally grateful.