Parts & Tools

Repair guides and support for videocassette recorders including Betamax and VHS (Video Home System) players.

Why does it stop after a few seconds?

I’ve tried rewinding but stops. I’ve tried fast forwarding but stops. I’ve tried playing and it stops. I’ve cleaned the head and will play but still stops after two seconds.

Go Video dual deck HiFi DDV9500

Attached is a video of machine playing for a few seconds and then stopping.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

I noticed the upper cylinder of the drum head wasn’t spinning upon turning on. I ended up just using my fingers to twist it myself which broke its stuck position and it began spinning freely on its own. No need to purchase a new one. #ifixit #ididit #dontbuynewwhenyoucanfixit #diy And voila. It now functions like new.

Can you show where exactly is the "upper cylinder of the drum head"? I'm having the same issues as you right now. Thank you.

Where is the cylinder head

to be honest with you, youd be better off buying a new one off amazon or even ebay. there are so many components that could be going bad thats its just about not worth the hassles.

good luck!

Lol, I actually considered that after trying to figure this one out earlier. Those prices are ridiculous though! I ended up fixing it :) #ifixit

how did you fix it? I need to know bc mine is doin the same thing!

if someone is ASKING to fix something, I think they are fully aware that they can "buy a new one" off ebay. the reality is, in this case a vcr is n ow costly to buy. the movie houses no longer want us to retain their products. Nor does the music industry. so if you are not going to answer WITH A FIX, dont answer

@Bob shurunkil thanks for your input but your negativity can be kept to your self. thanks

@Bob shurunkil also you can find VHS players on amazon for as little as 50$ so your comment is invalid. please exit stage left. thanks

Dineen will be eternally grateful.