Repair guides and support for videocassette recorders including Betamax and VHS (Video Home System) players.

Why does it stop after a few seconds?

I’ve tried rewinding but stops. I’ve tried fast forwarding but stops. I’ve tried playing and it stops. I’ve cleaned the head and will play but still stops after two seconds.

Go Video dual deck HiFi DDV9500

Attached is a video of machine playing for a few seconds and then stopping.

I noticed the upper cylinder of the drum head wasn’t spinning upon turning on. I ended up just using my fingers to twist it myself which broke its stuck position and it began spinning freely on its own. No need to purchase a new one. #ifixit #ididit #dontbuynewwhenyoucanfixit #diy And voila. It now functions like new.

to be honest with you, youd be better off buying a new one off amazon or even ebay. there are so many components that could be going bad thats its just about not worth the hassles.

good luck!

Lol, I actually considered that after trying to figure this one out earlier. Those prices are ridiculous though! I ended up fixing it :) #ifixit

Dineen will be eternally grateful.