The Toshiba 40PB200 is a 40-inch flatscreen television in the PB200 series. It was released in 2012.

Screen goes black when turned on after 15 seconds

When i turn my television on it shows the picture for about 15 seconds and then dims down to nothing but darkness but i can still hear whats on

I have the same problem with my Toshiba Model: 50L711U18. The back light turns off after 10-15 minutes. I tried to restart it but the back light doesn't turn on. I used flash light to check the video, and video is still there. I unplugged my TV for about 15-30 minutes then plugged it again, the back light Turned ON, but after 10 - 15 minutes it Turned OFF again.

I already replaced the power supply , thinking that this is the caused of the problem. But, it didn't changed anything!! The problem is still there.

Any suggestions Please...

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

@bazzdog sounds like your TV has issues with the power board not supplying the voltage for your backlight, your T-con board having failed or your backlight array failing. Unplug your TV and remove the back. Then take a look at all the boards. Check for obvious damaged components like leaking or domed looking capacitors. Check to ensure that all the wires are properly connected. Once you checked that, take some good pictures of your boards and post those with your question. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that. It will allow us to see what you see. You will need a multimeter to check the proper voltages so let us know what you find thus far.

Most Helpful Answer

i think you have problem with backlight on TV, try this -> turn on the TV and wait for the screen to turn off then take the flashlight and shine on the screen if you see the image it means you have problem with the backlight.

Luke barry will be eternally grateful.