Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Home button working but touch ID not.

Hello!

I got my screen replaced on my iPhone 7 Plus, the touch ID is not working but the actual function on the "home button" works fine.

Any ideas??

Is your home button works constantly or is it lagging?

I have disassemble the phone and put it back together and the home button works again. Try it.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

Try ifixit guide

How to replace the touch IC on the home button

Don't attempt soldering unless you are a professional (Someone that microsolder for a living).

In most cases it's going to look bad / or not and you will want to replace the whole microchip.

Usually the cause of this is the screen having a defective cable to connect to the home button.

So usually the screen has to be replaced, if that does not help the home button is damaged which will mean you will have to take it to apple for out of warranty replacement if you want it to work properly.

I am out of apple warranty, how much I would pay?

Do you know how to replace this cable?

You don't replace the home button cable, but you can try another screen, and if you are talking about the cable coming from the screen no.

I totally agree with, changing the screen solved my problem with home button.

Ok, thank you for the answers, I get the phone to apple store and their repaired it.

Greg Man will be eternally grateful.