Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

iPhone 3GS New Battery Not Charging

I replaced my new battery 4 hours ago following the instructions posted on the iFixit website. Everything works as before except the battery is not charging.

The battery level showed 65% after I rebooted my iPhone. Even though it is plugged in and the battery indicator shows it charging, the battery level is now 47%.

iTunes recognizes it (just backed it up). The battery icon in iTunes shows that the phone is charging too.

I opened it again and checked all connectors, everything seems ok. I even did a phone reset...no luck.

Could you please help me with this issue. I found one response to a similar problem which stated that I should call iFixit to help resolve this problem. Another suggested a replacement battery.

Thanks and regards,

http://www.ifixit.com/Info/contact

try this link for after sales service, all the best

+ looks like a batch of bad batteries...

Yeah. This is the umpteenth redirect

oldturkey03: Looks like your right. I reinstalled my old battery,connected the phone to my laptop, and the old battery is charging without any problems. Thanks for the after sales contact number. I will give them a call on Monday.

The guys at iFixit are sending a new battery replacement today. Great service and support.

Yes it is a great place and they do stand behind their products. Good Luck to you and let us know how it is going.

In brief, the 2nd replacement battery arrived early. I swapped it out, and all is working like a champ. Thanks again for the great service and follow through.

mbwit1 will be eternally grateful.