The Keurig model K70 is a beverage brewing system for home and commercial use. The Keurig is made by the American company Keurig Green Mountain.

Why will my coffee maker only brew about 2 ounces of coffee?

About 4-6 months after buying the K70 Keurig, the coffee maker will only brew about 2 ounces of coffee, even using the largest cup option. The coffee maker has been cleaned several times & nothing seems to help. I just quit using it for a long time, but I got it out again recently & tried it. No luck! What are my options. It was kind of expensive to just throw it away after using if for such a short time.

Do the 2 ounces come out hot? And do the level of brewed coffee vary every time you brew?

Also, are you using the right size k-cups for this model?

Most Helpful Answer

I had this problem and did the cleaning of needles and descaling and other hints on youTube. Nothing worked. Realized that the exit from the water tank was gunked up and carefully removed the screws from the bottom of the tank, cleaned the (really gross gunky plastic type filter and replaced the screws. Worked perfectly after that. I am thinking that doing the vinegar descaling loosened the stuff in that drain/exit from the tank and slowed down the water flow.

@emmons46 sounds like eiher a clogged filter in the resrvoir or to much back pressure caused by clogged puncture needles etc. Use this guide How to open and clean Keurig Coffee Maker to clean it and see if that helps. Slightly different model, same idea and location.

This worked for our 5 yr old machine! Thanks!

If cleaning it doesn't work I'd say the water pump needs to be replaced

You may want to look into getting a de-scaler for your Keurig. I’ve had this issue before with my own. Typically it’s just from mineral build up due to the water being used being “hard.”

Gwen Reed will be eternally grateful.