Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Cellular reception poorer after battery and volume control replacement

Last week I replaced the battery, the lightning connector assembly, and the volume and ringer switch assembly. Everything works now, but my cellular strength seems lower. I now get no service message in places where it used to work, both at home and at work. Is it possible that I weakened the Cellular antenna(s) with the repair?

Wi-Fi is the same as it was.

Help!

-david BTW

That is not what I wanted to hear, but I will seriously consider it. I was very careful. I use the same type of cables and connectors in my full time job as a design engineer and I am pretty sure I plugged it in correctly. Still, I am pretty sure that my cellular signal is much weaker. Fewer bars, more dropped calls, and the No Service message that didn't used to be there.

Probably a defective charging port assembly as the main antenna is used from there.

If you have confirmed the antenna was plugged in, you will need to replace the charging port again.

David Bytheway will be eternally grateful.