Parts & Tools

The Logitech UE Boom 2 is a waterproof, portable Bluetooth speaker known for its 360 degree sound. The Boom 2 comes in a multitude of vibrant colors and patterns.

Sound quality is poor with PC

My Ue boom. works fine when connected to a phone, but when i connect it to my PC the audio coming out is absolutely terrible. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

How are you connecting it? Bluetooth or cable?

It wasn't charging, so by bluetooth

What is the make and model number of your PC?

What OS is installed?

My PC is a dell XPS 15 and is windows 10.1 64bit

I have the same issue with my Asus laptop (running Windows 10, 64bit)

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

I have the same problem with my UE Boom 2 when listening on my MacBook Pro. Just fixed it by changing the Sound Input to Internal Microphone instead of Boom and keep UE Boom on Sound Output only.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

C

This is the one!!! All macbook users this is the answer!!!!

This fixed it! Thanks!!!!

Holy cow this was driving me nuts!!! THIS IS THE ANSWER IF YOU HAVE A MACBOOK!! I was trying to work out how the Boom got assigned to audio input - I reckon it was Skype when I used it earlier today.

I would suggest trying this guide for fixing Bluetooth audio quality on windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55yn-zF_...

Didn't fix it sound quality is still poor, and i cannot uncheck the handsfree telephony because the ue boom will disconnect

Then I would keep my eye out for a firmware update that may fix the issue.

You sir are a lifesaver - I was getting very frustrated with the sound quality of a ue megaboom but your suggestion fixed it. Thank you so much!!!!

peter eddleston, what was the suggestion that solved your problem, Pleeaaase!

I have the same problem as Emerson "

Didn't fix it sound quality is still poor, and i cannot uncheck the handsfree telephony because the ue boom will disconnect"

You need to make sure the sound output is set-up as "UE Boom 2 Stereo" NOT "UE boom 2 Hands Free"

"UE Boom 2 Stereo" produces no sound at all. :( The other one bad quality.

Go to Control panel > Devices & Printers > Select your device > Properties > Services > Uncheck Handsfree telephony

Hope this helps

I'm not getting any sound from the Stereo one but I getting bad quality sound from Handsfree... I don't know how to fix the problem to get sound trough Stereo? any ideas why?

What solved this for me:

1. Connect the speaker and choose the MEGA BOOM Stereo device. Often you will get no sound when you do this at first.

2. Once selected turn the speaker off and back on again and when it auto reconnects it should connect the speaker device and work correctly.

If the above didn’t work try this as this worked for me for one of my machines.

1. Connect the speaker.

2. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers and remove the “dongle”

3. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers > right click on the MEGABOOM headphone icon and choose properties > Services > uncheck “Handsfree Telephony

4. Set your sound output to MEGA BOOM Stereo device, which will produce no sound.

5. Restart your MEGABOOM, once reconnected it will work correctly.

I have this issue on Windows 10 as well. There has to be something strange with the hardware being used in the mega boom. Windows picks up 3 separate devices when I connect to mine, a dongle which the driver will not work for, the hands-free headset, and the speaker. The handsfree headset is locked in at 16bit sound and sounds terrible. The setting is also locked out in sound manager you can’t change the bit rate for the headset device. I tried everything from getting drivers to work with the “dongle” that is seen to disabling things in the device manager, updating bluetooth drivers, etc.

Thanks!! This helped

Might be there is a problem in the port of your computer.

Emerson_Wilmot will be eternally grateful.