Wi-Fi only version of Apple's 2nd generation iPad Air. Model A1566.

iPad stuck in an endless loop

So I left my iPad at home and when I got back it was out of battery. I plug it in and instead of it powering up and charging like normal it is stuck on the white screen with the apple logo and play the sound it makes when you start charging over and over again in 3-5 second intervals. I have tried hard resetting by holding the sleep/wake button and the home button but it will just power itself on again and continue the loop. I can not use iTunes to reset the device because I need to enter my password. What else can I do?

This issue is a PITA to get the iPad started up and working again.

Make sure you are using a 2A apple wall charger and a good charging cable.

Keep it plugged into the iPad.

Try doing what is explained in this link:

On a side note, I don't know why apple didn't just implement a charging screen like android devices do when powered off. This would save a lot of hassle with worn out batteries as it forces some users to get their batteries replaced because of this flat battery boot loop issue.

i'll try this then

thank you for letting me know of this method! I was able to get my iPad into recovery mode and reinstall the system thing

Are you using an Apple original charger and Lightning cable? Has the device been dropped or otherwise damaged, came into contact with water or was previously repaired? While devices can spontaneously fail, issues usually crop up after situations like those outlined above.

If data retention is not an issue, you can also try to do a full DFU Restore. You could try to use some third party software tools, like 3uTools or ReiBoot to see if the device can be forced into or out of recovery mode.

Otherwise, there may be an issue on the logic board that is impeding the device from completing it's boot process. This would require help from an experienced micro-solderer.

Nathaniel owo will be eternally grateful.