Parts & Tools

What is the black adhesive material on the back of iPhone connections?

Hi!

I have been doing some iPhone repairs on both the 6 Plus and 6s Plus and noticed that most of the connections have a black "felt-like" material adhered to the back of them. Typically little squares. During the repairs, many of these shifted or most often came off of the back of the connector. My question is what is this stuff called and can I purchase from Amazon? If so, a link would be greatly appreciated!

Most Helpful Answer

Their like foam adhesive padding / cushions for ribbon cable connectors.

Their not required but does make it feel easier to connect ribbon cables.

Something like this would do the trick:

https://www.eddogo.com/for-iphone-4g-100...

Great! Thanks so much!

Trying to find on Amazon so that I can receive tomorrow but no luck so far. Will keep looking!

They sell them here on iFixit (iPhone 6s Plus Power Button Cable Connector Foam Pads) Just search for "connector foam pad" and the model number of the device.

Jason Kinney will be eternally grateful.