2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz), 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz), or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6 MB shared L3 cache.

Altec Lansing ADA885 speakers from old pc. How can I reuse them?

How can I connect the ADA8500 speaker system to a MacBook Pro. It was plugged into a sound card on my old PC, and I would like to use it with my Mac.

Thanks for your reply, Bernie

Thanks Dan, however, my problem is that I don't have a sound card to plug cables from ADA8500 into. Is it possible to connect to my MacBook. Maybe USB, or something?

Here's the online users guide: Altec Lansing ADA885 User's Guide

Here's the outputs on the back of a typical sound card: Wikipedia: Sound Card

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Basically the Lime green cable is the stereo output of the sound card which would be the Aux connection of your laptop. Orange, Black, Grey & Brown are not able to be used directly.

The other option is to get a USB sound card so you can connect the other outputs. Here's the one I would get: 7.1 USB Audio Adapter External Sound Card with SPDIF Digital Audio

Thanks again Dan, That is the solution. I was hoping there was something like that. I appreciate you taking the time help, and your hardware suggestion and link.

take care

dad19055 will be eternally grateful.