The Ninja Coffee Bar CF086 is a coffee maker with a 43 oz. Thermal Carafe and Auto-iQ One Touch Intelligence.

Drip stop light prevents brewing

I have a ninja coffee bar, had it for 2 years. The drip stop light lit while brewing, and wouldn't brew at all. I replaced the drip tray, and went away with one brew. Light returns. Seems to occur with unbalanced surfaces too, and whenever we slightly move it or shake it, the light MAY go off and brew for a bit. Has anyone taken one apart and disabled the drip stop sensor, and if so, how?

Most Helpful Answer

It could be as simple, especially for the newer models, that the lever on basket has been moved. I've had this coffee nar for a few months and my husband took the filter and basket out to clean it good. I got up to make coffee and the the stop drop light was on and the machine wouldn't brew. Oh Lord! I never noticed the lever on the basket. Just slide it to the left and all will be right with the world once again.

This worked for me. Thanks!

That exact thing happened to me. Its my bosses Ninja so I'm just getting used to it. We all are. I washed it on Friday then came on Monday and the cleaning guy couldn't turn it on. It kept beeping and showing the stop drip light. Nooo! I knew it had to be because I took out the filter holder. So I came across this womans post. I kept saying what lever! Its at the bottom of the filter holder. Ohhh. Thanks alot for posts like this.

Took apart the drip tray. The steel contact inside the drip stop lever had rusted out. i replaced it with a steel set screw. Seems to have fixed the issue.

I have the same issue. I attemted to replace the springs, however this is not the issue. The issue seems to be a drip stop malfunction. I did try to take it apart, however, with little success.

Our drip stop magnet had also rusted out. Luckily we had a similar style magnet left over from some project in the past. Gently heated the plastic and inserted replacement magnet, then bent the plastic back over the top to retain it in place. Seems to have fixed the problem. Alternate solution is to cut some small pieces off the back of refrigerator magnets and stacking them in the hole where the original magnet rusted away.

Here are some pictures…

Remove screw

Remove drip stop assembly

Magnet (or rust) located inside the tall “finger" (silver spot inside the end of the finger in this photo)

had same problem….. i fixed mine. there is a magnet that triggers the stop drip sensor… take apart drip tray.. one small phillips screw.. the magnet is on the end of plastic .. bend it outwards.. heat would help bend plastic.. blow dyer.. this puts magnet closer to the edge of drip tray.. when apart,you can put magnet on sensor and light goes out.. this easy trick will make coffee again…. = >

I also discovered the magnet completely rusted out.

I taped a small piece of strong magnet to the bottom of the sensor then the light went out. It is a fix to allow coffee to brew; however, if I ever accidentally closed the drip stop I won’t know it is closed because the constant magnet on the sensor will allow coffee to flow through.

Put magnet where it should go...

Bend plastic rod closer to the sensor..

You have to take filter basket apart...

Took mine apart and I’m not even seeing a magnet. I think I found a rectangular flat one in the sink a week ago. Where does it belong, on the long plastic rod on the drip stop, in the basket assembly? Where is the sensor located that it needs to be close to? Thanks!

Come someone PLEASE post a picture of where this magnet/sensor is! I'm at the mercy of this coffee system, works when it feels like it. The spring popped out a while back, but I don't think that's the problem. Tried disassembling the basket, cannot figure out where the sensor is.

Thank you!

I added pictures to my original post above.

Put magnet under the main body of coffee pot.... by the basket/ filter holder....

Watch the light for stop Brew...

When it goes out . Tape it there.

Do not shut the lever for no drip going through basket....

Works for me

M RIZZUTO will be eternally grateful.