The Alienware 17 R4 (17.3 inches) is a gaming laptop, released by Dell in 2016. (AW17R4-7000SLV-PUS)

Tobii Eye Tracker is not connected due to eyechip not recognized

After using Alienware for a while, Tobii Eye Tracker began to not connect in Tobii Eye Software and in device manager, eyechip is missing. I have contacted support and they told me that my problem is hardware issue. Have any one experience this kind of problem? I have searched internet, it seemly only had this problem. USB error in Device Manager caused Tobii Eye Tracker not connected

I remember helping set up a tobii eye tracker for someone who had ALS. those things are VERY finicky.

this is what ALS is.

good luck anyway!

Hi @laughing ,

Have you got the latest Tobii Eye Tracking Core software installed? (click in Category box and select Mice, Keyboard & Input Devices).

If it is a hardware problem, here is a link to the service manual for your laptop.

Scroll down to p.97 to view the necessary pre-requisite steps and then the procedure to remove the module.

@jayeff I appreciate your help, thanks!

laughing will be eternally grateful.