The Amazon Fire HD 8 (5th Generation) is a sleek, black tablet released by Amazon in September 2015. Model Number: SG98EG.

Frozen on fire screen

My son's kindle fire HD 8 was working fine last night. He turned it on this morning and it is now stuck on the fire logo screen. I have tried holding down the power button multiple times for all the seconds recommend. I have tried the power and volume down button and restarting it from there. I have tried leaving it plugged in. I am now at a loss of what to do. Help please. We just got Wi-Fi yesterday and now he can't use it.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

Most Helpful Answer

Had exactly this problem - couldn’t find an answer so contacted Amazon support who were brilliant. In short, turn off, hold start button and volume down button for a couple of seconds til machine starts, this enters the “techy” menu. Use volume buttons and then power button to select “wipe data / restore factory settings” option. Then repeat off, back to techy menu and reboot. Takes 5-10 minutes to then restart and you have to go through usual set up stuff again . . . .Amazon can talk you through this . . . . .

great advise. no help from Amazon, tried this with my Kindle which froze on the Fire start up. worked like a charm!

Thank you!

If it is under warranty, see if Amazon will repair or replace it.

Otherwise, check this blog.

http://www.zaerr.com/blog/2013/04/24/res...

This will wipe the entire tablet, but you can redownload all your apps and stuff.

I tried to reset by pushing the start bottom 40 seconds

My touch screen won’t work

try waiting atleast for a day or two

count to 25 seconds fast

Deana Miller will be eternally grateful.