The Asus Transformer Book T100TAF is a 2-in-1 laptop and tablet with a detachable keyboard released in March 2015.

Network/WiFi Receiver misfunctioning frequently

Since a few months, I've been starting to get the problem of my network not working, at all. I either can't connect to any network, or it keeps giving the warning of "No connection".

When I restart it a couple of times it does work again, but I wonder what the problem is

Windows Troubleshooter says there's a problem, but they can't tell what nor fix it.

All my drivers are the latest version (Including BIOS, Intel and Asus drivers)

I think it might be a problem with the network receiver inside my Notebook, but I'm unsure about that.

Does anyone know if it's actually the component or just a driver failure / windows bug thats causing the problem to occur?

Hi @lenafox ,

What is the device status of the WiFi network adapter in Device Manager when you are having connection problems? (right click on adapter > properties > general > device status.

Have you checked that the setting "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Device Manager > Network Adapters > WiFI adapter > properties > Power Management tab has been unchecked?

Also check in Event Viewer if there are any events associated with the WiFi adapter which may give a clue as to what is happening.

Considering it works after reboots but not always , it sounds like either the antenna(s) are loose,wireless card is loose, or the card is failing. If you're comfortable with verifying the card isn't loose, I'd suggest reseating it and verifying the antennas are also not loose. Make sure you don't have any missing screws and if you do consider ordering a pack of laptop screws to replace them. If you do open it up, record the make/model of the wireless card you have and then if the problem persists try replacing the card with the same make/model (wireless cards of this type are typically $10-30 roughly). The time to replace most wireless chips is 5 minutes.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

It looks like your WiFi card is soldered on.

I think this is your laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNaXb93-...

Go to Device Manager and find out what your Wifi card is (under networking).

if it is Intel xxxx or Intel Centrino xxxx goto

https://downloadcenter.intel.com and download fresh intel drivers.

If this doesn't resolve your problem, you need to get a USB WiFi card as a replacement and right click your build in WiFi card in device manager and select disable.

Here is a suggestion on replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/ANEWKODI-600Mbps-...

Lena Fox will be eternally grateful.