A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, also known as PS4. First announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

PS4 Power Button & Disc Button Unresponsive!

I recently disassembled my ps4 to clean it out and put new thermal paste, and noticed that my ps4 power and disc button won't work. (Also won't let me insert disc)

My controller will turn my ps4 on but when it turns on it makes three beeps and alot of different sounds kinda like the disc reader or something, the ps4 does turn on and work normally afterwards and I can use it normally, but can't use the disc button, power button, or put in disc.

Any suggestions to fix it? I tried taking of and putting back on the covers and it didn't work.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

I found a solution!

I decided my last hope was to disassemble my ps4 and reassemble it again.

I just disassembled everything and made sure to do it gently, then after screwed every thing down evenly in a star pattern and made sure to put it together corectly and slowly.

Don't forget to clean all your dust too!

hello forgive my writing. I also have your problem after a thermal paste check. Can it be the tab that touches the power button? It only gives me three beeps and does not turn on. The controller made the mistake of associating it with another ps4 and now I can not start it anymore.

Thank’s man I had the exact same issue and fixed it in minutes.

All I did was to take the screws from the up side and remove the dvd cable from the down side.

I also removed and put back in the power supply and powered it on.

Then while still on I plugged the dvd cable and then restarted my ps4.

And everything was fixed.

Sorry i have the exact same problem, can someone tell me how to fix it ?@chiefxxii @filekt

Thanks.

Dissasemble and reassemble it.

I'm having the exact same problem except I'm not getting any beeps. This happened after disassembling it to replace the thetmal paste and doing a complete cleaning… What sucks is that I can't go into safe mode to try and do any updates, file system rebuilds, nothing. The buttons just won't do anything, I can't put a disc in. I've tried opening it up, taking it apart, reassembling it, 3 times.. somehow ending up with an extra screw the 3rd time. Ugh. I'm super !#^&@@ and I feel like I broke my ps4, trying to fix it and keeping it from frying the cpu.. my thermal paste was toast.. ugh.. gonna go pound my head against the wall.

Jacob Warren will be eternally grateful.