Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

How to fix touch disease?

So recently, i think my phone has obtained the ‘touch disease’. I purchased a new phone screen and it started working again until it would randomly stop responding to touch unless I pressed down on the screen. I found this video on YouTube for a somewhat simple solution by placing adhesive tape over the two IC chips in the motherboard. It worked for a short while until it started to lost the touch again and I would have to gently press down on the phone screen to regain touch (which I believe is not safe, I know). So I go back in to the motherboard and try again with a different brand of tape, wondering if that the problem. While doing this, my finger touched the IC chips. In the video I was watching, it said to be careful as to not to do that. Did that make my problem worse? What do I do now?

First lets understand what Touch Disease is. Review this great Vid IFIXIT has with Jessa Jones: A Design Defect Is Breaking a Ton of iPhone 6 Pluses

Here's how many Apple is dealing with: Sources: iPhone 6 series 'touch disease' now accounting for about 11% of Apple Store repairs

I would recommend you take it in the an Apple Store to get it repaired under the extended warranty program they have.

Your have to replace touch ic chips for like $100 about or you have to get a completly new phone

Because I touched it with my finger?

I seem to have “fixed”, or at least found a workaround, that works on my first gen 6 plus. After I found out it was a chip problem I tried grasping it and twisting the phone, just enough to know it flexed slightly. I have done this a couple more times after the problem reappeared but it seems to take care of it to the point that I decided I don’t need to have it repaired or buy a new one. I would be interested to hear if it works for anyone else.

This is nothing more than a band-aid solution and every time you twist and flex the phone, you are only making the actual problem worse. You can read more about this here if you are interested.

Lani will be eternally grateful.