Model A1311 / Mid 2010 / 3.06 & 3.2 GHz Core i3 or 3.6 GHz Core i5 Processor

How to detach LCD thermal sensor cable?

Am dismantling EMC 2389, 21.5 inch, iMac , to replace the hard-drive. I have been unable to detach the LCD thermal sensor cable from its socket ... it is nowhere near as easy as it appears on the iFixit video and there is no mention in the notes about it being very difficult. Is there a trick or something I am missing?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Its a snap fit but as the system ages the plastic looses some of its flex so they do get thougher to disconnect.

You'll likely need a couple of these: Spudger then carefully pry from each side equal pressure. Don't lift up! You want the pressure the go in parallel with the logic board.

Spudger Image

Product

Spudger

$2.99

Many thanks Dan. "Spudgers" are the go ... although locally (Adelaide, South Australia) they didn't know the term, and the packaging describes them as a "Plastic prying tool". Ended up buying an "iPHONE REPAIR KIT".

Graeme will be eternally grateful.