Repair and disassembly guides and support for dish washing appliances.

Whirlpool Dishwasher not spinning water jets.

I have a whirlpool dishwasher that will do every step of the washing cycle except spray the jets. it does randomly decide to work sometimes so im not sure if its something stuck. I was wondering if it would be a pump issue or a control board issue? the Model is a Gold Series.

Cause 1

Center Wash Arm Assembly

The center wash arm circulates water to the dishes in the upper rack. If water can’t flow properly through the center wash arm, the dishes in the upper rack won’t be cleaned properly. Over time, food particles can get trapped in the tiny holes in the wash arm. If your dishes are coming out dirty, the wash arm might be clogged. To unclog the center wash arm, remove the wash arm and dislodge any debris from the holes. If the wash arm is extremely clogged, replace it. In addition, make sure that the center wash arm assembly is mating properly with the water supply nozzle.

its not just the top wash arm its both that do not spin. but as i said they do work periodicly. i was wondering if its a control board or a pump issue. i also have inpected the wash arms.

In that case I would go for the pump.

Matthew will be eternally grateful.