Xbox One controller introduced in 2016 with the launch of the Xbox One S and adds Bluetooth support for Windows 10. This controller is the current mainstream controller sold by Microsoft. This controller fixes many of the design flaws found on Model 1537/1697 controllers and is much more reliable.

My controller keeps constantly moving to the right in game.

I Just bought a brand new Xbox one S from Best Buy exactly one week ago and I’ve been using it since, but for the past 2 days I have noticed while playing a FPS Game or Forza, my car would slowly turn to the left. Keep in mind this controller is practically new and hasn’t been dropped yet. If you know the problem or have a solution please let me know.

My original controller from a Xbox one PUBG bundle pack started drifting in run mode so I bought this new controller & it’s great! U have to buy the afterglow prismatic wired controller with 10’ cord & download the PDP app for Xbox one & PC to configure it & change the colors. No need to buy an headset adapter or headset. Saved me 120$. The controller is 28$. My regular Koss Porta Pro headphones (no mic) work great after I downloaded the app. —-> https://www.pdp.com/pdp-app —- > Check out this item at Target https://www.target.com/p/afterglow-gamin...

I had the same problem. Turns out, one of the bumper switches (left bumper) was pressed in and stuck. Once I saw that, I pried it back out, now all is ok again.

This will not Void the warranty. Opening the controler WILL. Best thing is get several Q-Tips and alcohol. Soak in AL then push down in the opening of the JS. Do it several times and getting that alcohol in there. Move your JS back and for a lot. Repeat. Keep doing that for about 4-5 Q-Tips . Remembering to move the JS all around right after the AL goes into the JS. Alcohol evaporates quickly, so let air dry for a little bit and that should help. If it doesn't, but it is better, then do it all over again until it fixes it. If it doesn't help at all you will either need a new controller or to open up the control and cleaning and fixing that way. But, opening the control Voids warranties. So if still under warranty, do not open . If you have bought recently and in under warranty, Go replace it, or call Microsoft to replace it.

This is usually caused by bad analog sticks. In most situations these controllers are out of warranty and it is easy to recommend the repair, but yours is so new I wouldn't recommend repairing it. In this scenario, contact Microsoft and request a replacement controller. It will likely be new, since it doesn't make sense for Microsoft to refurbish them.

If they don't want the broken controller back, the sticks can be replaced without a new bottom board. However, this is time consuming and should be done in pairs. The reason for this is one stick failing usually means the other stick that still works usually isn't far off from failing as well. Yes, this adds time but you're better off doing them as a pair and fixing the issue for good.

River Hudon will be eternally grateful.