Xbox One controller introduced in 2016 with the launch of the Xbox One S. Unlike the Model 1697 controller, the Model 1708 controller supports Bluetooth. Along with the Elite controller, this is the current controller sold by Microsoft. It also fixes many of the design flaws found on Model 1537/1697 controllers.

My controller keeps constantly moving to the right in game.

I Just bought a brand new Xbox one S from Best Buy exactly one week ago and I’ve been using it since, but for the past 2 days I have noticed while playing a FPS Game or Forza, my car would slowly turn to the left. Keep in mind this controller is practically new and hasn’t been dropped yet. If you know the problem or have a solution please let me know.

This is usually caused by bad analog sticks. In most situations these controllers are out of warranty and it is easy to recommend the repair, but yours is so new I wouldn't recommend repairing it. In this scenario, contact Microsoft and request a replacement controller. It will likely be new, since it doesn't make sense for Microsoft to refurbish them.

If they don't want the broken controller back, the sticks can be replaced without a new bottom board. However, this is time consuming and should be done in pairs. The reason for this is one stick failing usually means the other stick that still works usually isn't far off from failing as well. Yes, this adds time but you're better off doing them as a pair and fixing the issue for good.

River Hudon will be eternally grateful.