The Asus X551CA is a 396.2 mm laptop computer with convenient features for everyday use.

Asus laptop loop restart

So I recently got an Asus SonicMaster and while it was updating my laptop died. (Yes I had it plugged in, but not all the way I guess) When I plugged it back in, I turned it on and it went to the blue update screen (where it says percentage of update) then restarted back to the power on logo (Asus in search of incredible logo). I can't F8 or anything, but if I press ESC it opens the BIOS Utility display. Any help of what's going on appreciated. Running windows 10

Edit: It's actually an Asus SonicMaster X541U but I couldn't find it in devices, so I picked the closest one.

@jayeff Im currently on my older laptop trying to create a USB recovery, but cannot find the option for making one. Where exactly is it?

Hi @iidryballs ,

If you are on a Win 10 PC type Control Panel in search box on desktop then select it and when it opens find Recovery then find create a recovery drive link

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Hi @iidryballs ,

Try entering the WRE (Windows Recovery Environment) menu.

To do this, turn on the laptop and when it boots into Windows, force stop the laptop by holding the Power button until it shuts down.

Do this 3 times, i.e. Power on > boot > force stop > power on > boot > force stop etc.

On the 3rd attempt it should boot into the WRE.

Select troubleshooting > advanced > Startup repair and follow the prompts.

If this doesn't work use the same procedure as before to get into WRE and select either the system restore point option or the system image option (if you have them that is)

DO NOT select the Reset this PC option as this will erase all your data and reinstall Windows.

If you can't get into WRE for whatever reason, you can create a Win 10 recovery USB from any known working Win 10 PC. You'll need an 8GB USB flashdrive and about 60 minutes of time to create it. Go to Control Panel > Recovery and find the create USB recovery drive link - You should make one yourself when your laptop is working and keep it safe in case of future problems.

When you have the Recovery USB drive, insert it into your laptop and then when you start the laptop press F12 to select the USB drive as the first boot option and then restart the laptop . If it doesn't boot from the USB go into BIOS and enable Legacy USB function in the settings.

Dominic Twizell will be eternally grateful.