Third-generation Samsung Gear smartwatch, first released in November 2016. Features a round OLED display running the Tizen OS.

Stuck in the rebooting loop

My s3 is stuck in the rebooting loop repeatedly. I tried to press the lower button for reset . However, it doesn't work. Does anyone know what I can do with it now?

drakewu770104@gmail.com

Most Helpful Answer

I had this problem after wearing my watch while working outside on a hot day. Sweat had apparently gotten into the speaker holes on the side... This shorted out the watch and made it boot loop until the battery went dead.

I opened up the back of the watch and there were signs of sweat all inside it. After gently cleaning inside and all the little connectors with rubbing alcohol, I put it back together, charged it, and it worked like a champ again!

Clearly these things have vertualy NO water resistance...

So my watch to was stupid k in reboot loop so I tried with the power off holding the power/home botton waiting for the Samsung gear prompt came on and while still holding after it went off then still held while it ran through the Samsung gear S3 reboot prompt came on and disappeared and and came on and went off and came on and went off not letting go until about the 5th Samsung gear s3 reboot prompt showed and then completely let go and within a matter of 10/secoond not only was my watch fixed but I lost absolutely no data still had all my apps and watch faces everything was still there... So hopefully this helps you and others just like it helped me good luck

I have been dealing with this too. Definitely due to moisture. In my case, brought it with me into the shower and it got a little wet. I thought it had better water resistance. (my bad)

My belief is that the "button" part went bad. Samsung Gear S3 frontier (SM-R760) Volume flex cable GH59-14696A https://rounded.com/samsung-gear-s3-fron...

In the states you can get it through SamsungParts.com or call 800-627-4368.

I just ordered the part for ~$17 total and am hoping it fixes the bootloop problem. Considering that the watch thinks both buttons are being pushed all the time which is why it goes into the loop, it should be the fix.

I think if you get a new: Samsung Gear S3 frontier (SM-R760) Volume flex cable GH59-14696A, it will fix the problem. You need to replace the button connectors. Ordered one myself.

Drake will be eternally grateful.