The Expression Photo XP-960 wireless, wide-format Small-in-One printer puts professional-quality photo printing at your fingertips. The printer uses a 6 color Ultra HD ink system. The printer uses a 4.3" touchscreen for navigation. The printer supports specialty media and can accept paper sizes up to 11x17 and prints on CD/DVD media. It can print a 4x6 photo in 11 seconds and supports smartphone and tablet printing and does not require a router. If you use the Epson Creative Print app, photos can be printed from social media directly.

Preparing to print CD/DVD everytime I try to print document

Trying to print document and every time I send to printer, message comes up

"preparing to print CD/DVD" then

"close the output tray all the way inside before inserting CD/DVD tray"

Have checked for updates all up to date.

Your printer can print CD/DVD's Which is really cool! But clearly you don't want to print your salsa recipe on the disk!

Basically, you'll need to alter the paper choice to A4 or what ever you want to print. Go to 'File' > 'Page Setup' make sure you've selected the correct printer 'Format For' and the correct paper under 'Page Size'

Most Helpful Answer

I’m having the same issue with my Epson - XP 640. Whenever I try to print labels, it automatically defaults to CD/Cassette. I have to go into File>Print>Page Setup then click on the Paper tab. Change the first page to Auto Cassette Selection and Other Pages to Auto Cassette Selection. Then when I print, I get a message that says one or more of my margins…. and just click ignore. Wah lah…it prints. Such a pain though.

Go to under Mailings - Labels - Options. In the upper left, you can choose the paper tray. You have to do this BEFORE you run the page of labels or it won’t work.

Good luck!

FINALLY....this fix worked, I have been struggling with this problem for a couple of years now. Thank heavens I have an HP that does this matter of factually as back up. Thanks.

This is not the correct answer. Did this 5 times before looking for the answer online. So obviously not the correct answer.

What did u do??? I'm having the same issue

Same problem here. Any help????

Same problem on XP6000. Trying to print labels on A4 label sheet and keep getting asked to insert CD. Did all suggestions on document file and on printer many times - but keeps wanting to print on CD. It's maddening.

With the XP-900 insert the label sheet into the bottom tray - open your Word - label document and when you go to print go into Page Setup - under Paper it will show CD tray, change to Default tray (auto) if after pressing Ok you get Margins Set Outside Printable Area select fix. Then print your label, it worked for me.

Colin Livingstone will be eternally grateful.