The Expression Photo XP-960 wireless, wide-format Small-in-One printer puts professional-quality photo printing at your fingertips. The printer uses a 6 color Ultra HD ink system. The printer uses a 4.3" touchscreen for navigation. The printer supports specialty media and can accept paper sizes up to 11x17 and prints on CD/DVD media. It can print a 4x6 photo in 11 seconds and supports smartphone and tablet printing and does not require a router. If you use the Epson Creative Print app, photos can be printed from social media directly.

Preparing to print CD/DVD everytime I try to print document

Trying to print document and every time I send to printer, message comes up

"preparing to print CD/DVD" then

"close the output tray all the way inside before inserting CD/DVD tray"

Have checked for updates all up to date.

What did u do??? I'm having the same issue

This is insane: the Epson XP-830, no matter what you , when you go to print Avery labels it always defaults to the cd/dvd mode, glossy photo paper. Why is this so difficult to change. It should be just a matter of selecting auto cassette tray/ plane white paper BUT IT’S NOT!! I have poured over ton’s of web verbiage and no one has a simple answer, of what should be so straightforward. I am ready to throw the Epson in the gutter and go back to H/P.

Anyone out there with a simple straight forward answer?

On my EPSON L850 (PHOTO PRINTER) Whenever I print labels…a message pops up that the output tray is in paper mode and ask me to change it on CD /DVD printing mode.

I don't know how to solve this issue??

Please help…

Thank

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Your printer can print CD/DVD's Which is really cool! But clearly you don't want to print your salsa recipe on the disk!

Basically, you'll need to alter the paper choice to A4 or what ever you want to print. Go to 'File' > 'Page Setup' make sure you've selected the correct printer 'Format For' and the correct paper under 'Page Size'

Most Helpful Answer

This is not the correct answer. Did this 5 times before looking for the answer online. So obviously not the correct answer.

What answer did you find online that worked?

I’m having the same issue with my Epson - XP 640. Whenever I try to print labels, it automatically defaults to CD/Cassette. I have to go into File>Print>Page Setup then click on the Paper tab. Change the first page to Auto Cassette Selection and Other Pages to Auto Cassette Selection. Then when I print, I get a message that says one or more of my margins…. and just click ignore. Wah lah…it prints. Such a pain though.

No, NOT helpful. Of course I have already tried this & it still gives the error message. I am trying to print a Word document....done it many times before....and I've never printed to a CD....never tried to print labels. I am sick of the hassles with this printer!!!!

Go to under Mailings - Labels - Options. In the upper left, you can choose the paper tray. You have to do this BEFORE you run the page of labels or it won’t work.

Good luck!

FINALLY....this fix worked, I have been struggling with this problem for a couple of years now. Thank heavens I have an HP that does this matter of factually as back up. Thanks.

What a major PITA this has been. But I was finally able to work this out by finding the right setting in the Page Set Up options in MS-Word..

Go to page layout.

Select Size

Choose More Paper Sizes (It’s a the bottom of the popup menu.)

The next menu is not one I had ever noticed or seen before. Here you can select the tray your Index cards or envelopes are in, i.e. Cassette 1

I tried to paste the image of the menu so you could visualize it here. Alas I couldn’t.

Same problem here. Any help????

Same problem on XP6000. Trying to print labels on A4 label sheet and keep getting asked to insert CD. Did all suggestions on document file and on printer many times - but keeps wanting to print on CD. It's maddening.

I opened my original document, went to "mailings" > "labels">"options". Then I selected the proper "Item Number" and CHANGED "Tray" from CD to "Default Tray 2". Then I hit "OK" taking me back to the original "Labels" window where I hit "New Document". Then I copied my old document (addresses) into the new document and all was well.

Thanks everyone for the tips.

Jeff Silver: Your solution worked. for me printing envelopes on my XP-7100. A lot of steps that shouldn't be necessary but a successful print none the less. Thank you for sharing your solution.

Trying to print labels on A4 label sheet and keep getting asked to insert CD tray? With your Word document open (labels) click on "margins" - "custom margins" - under "paper source" select "cassette 2" for the "first page" and for the "other pages" then "OK". Hope this works for you.

Also kept being asked for the CD tray on my XP-7100. Why the default setting is to that tray, I can't imagine - ridiculous! Took your advice and changed it in Mailings>Labels>Options as well as in Margins>Custom Margins. Still slid the label paper through without printing on it and then asked me to insert a page into the rear tray!!

With the XP-900 insert the label sheet into the bottom tray - open your Word - label document and when you go to print go into Page Setup - under Paper it will show CD tray, change to Default tray (auto) if after pressing Ok you get Margins Set Outside Printable Area select fix. Then print your label, it worked for me.

It’s not Epson, but word that’s giving problems.

Every now and then I have to print several envelopes,

gave up on trying to get word printing properly,

every time it defaults to wanting to print dvd/rom.

Downloaded the latest (free) libre office,

not a single problem since. Worth a try, it’s free.

I had this problem with some label template I got from several different sources (avery was one)

Here is my solution. Even though in the printer settings said paper type was plain paper, I found that if I went into the document layout, margins, custom margins, then paper, the paper source there was set to cd/dvd tray on the first page and other pages settings. So once I changed that to cassette 2 on first page and other page, then hit OK, I could then print the page correctly.

As luckyguess said:

Works perfectly in Office365 Word . . type your label in Word etc. then Mailings - Labels - Options. In the very upper left, you can choose the paper tray. You have to do this BEFORE you run the label(s) print

It’s a Word issue more than the printer it seems!

Colin Livingstone will be eternally grateful.